What is CURVA? That is an excellent question and one that I had asked myself. CURVA is a supplement developed by the makers of Zerona. Curva includes Niacin, Ginkgo Biloba, Omega fatty acids, green tea, and L-Carnitine.
According to various websites, this supplement is designed to aid the body in the breakdown of the fat after it is pulled from the fat cells. The fat is then pushed through the lymphatic system and excreted via bodily wastes. So why, then, aren’t folks flocking to the supplement and manual removal of the cellulite? On this I am less clear.
I tried the manual removal for quite some time. I dry brushed my skin to stimulate circulation. I applied creams designed to help loosen the fat. They did not work for me. However, I have not tried those methods in combination with a supplement such as CURVA.
I am scheduled to begin taking CURVA on October 26, 2010. I am looking forward to seeing how my body changes as a result of CURVA combined with my combined anti-toxin diet and exercise program.
So, exactly how does CURVA work? Let us look at the ingredients one by one.
- Niacin. According to several online sites (including wikipedia), Niacin is also known as vitamin B3. Apparently, niacin aids in the metabolic process including DNA repair and the production of steroid hormones. According to the makers of Zerona, “Niacin is a powerful oxidant that helps support the mitochondria by supporting the electron transport chain that is the major photochemical target of the ZERONA®”
- Ginkgo Biloba is actually a very large tree of Asian descent. The supplement which is derived from the leaves, has been used to treat Alzheimer’s and Dementia though this has been reportedly unsuccessful. The supplement has been shown to improve blood flow and protect against oxidative damage/stress.
- Omega fatty acids have long been associated with improving blood circulation. It has recently been proven to improve immune functioning. Finally, the fatty acids have been shown to decrease inflammation.
- Green tea extract is an antioxidant and has been known to improve immune functioning. The makers of CURVA state that green tea extract and L-Carnitine together “support the transportation of fatty acids into the mitochondria so that fatty-acid oxidation can occur.”
- According to wikipedia, L-Carnitine is essential for “the transport of fatty acids from the cytosol into the mitochondria during the breakdown of lipids (fats) for the generation of metabolic energy.” L-Carnitine has been shown to aide with oxidative stress and it has received frequent attention for its use as a weight loss supplement.
While CURVA sounds like a great possibility for those who are manually releasing their cellulite on their own, unfortunately, it is not available for purchase by the general public and can only be obtained from the physician who is providing the Zerona treatments. I was able to locate a similar supplement called CurvaTrim. However, I am unclear if the 2 are related.